Clinical and Community Services
Services for Children and Families
The Center for Child and Human Development serves children with complex developmental, behavioral, and learning needs. A variety of services are designed to address the questions of families, referring physicians, and other professionals. With a commitment to culturally competent services, professionals from a variety of disciplines work together in interdisciplinary teams to meet the needs of families.
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
A variety of interdisciplinary services are available at the Center. These services include: the Autism and Communications Disorders Clinic, the Developmental Evaluation Clinic, the Developmental Screening Clinic, the International Adoption Health Resource Center, the Hoya Clinic, the Attention Program, and Developmental Pediatric Evaluations and Genetic Counseling. For further information or for appointments and scheduling, contact the numbers listed below.
- The Autism and Communications Disorders Clinic provides a comprehensive interdisciplinary diagnostic evaluation of infants and young children suspected of having a Pervasive Developmental Disorder and/or a serious communication disorder. The clinic conducts evaluations addressing children's communication, social interaction, sensory motor and cognitive strengths and needs. Call (202) 444-8785 to schedule an appointment. More Information
- The Developmental Evaluation Clinic provides an interdisciplinary evaluation of babies up to two years of age who were born prematurly. Children receive an interdisciplinary evaluation. Areas addressed include cognitive, motor and neurodevelopmental functioning. Call (202) 444-8569 to schedule an appointment. More Information
- Developmental Screening Clinic is an outpatient service offered through the Children and Youth Ambulatory Service/Department of Pediatrics to provide medical/developmental services in the context of well-child care and to insure early identification of children who have or who are at risk of having developmental delays. The developmental services are typically offered as developmental consultations. Call (202) 444-8569 to schedule an appointment.? More information
- The International Adoptions Health Resource Center provides pre-adoption counseling, screening, evaluation and follow-up services for children who are adopted from abroad and their families. Call (202) 444-0168 to schedule an appointment.
- The Hoya Clinic provides individual and family therapy for children from birth to adolescence. Neuropsychological, social-emotional and learning disability evaluations are also offered through the Hoya Clinic. Call (202) 687-7447 to schedule an appointment. More information
- The Attention Program is a service that responds to concerns of children and youth with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or other attentional problems. Full neurodevelopmnetal evaluations, consultations, referrals and medical management for children and adolescents are available. Services are coordinated with other disciplines as needed. Call (202) 444-0168 to schedule an appointment.
- The Developmental Pediatric Evaluations and Genetic Counseling are provided by the Center's developmental pediatricians and geneticists. Call (202) 444-0168 to schedule an appointment.