Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation: An Evaluation Tool Kit
EI04 - $8.00
For states, communities, agencies and programs investing in early childhood mental health consultation and committed to quality data.
This web-based resource combines a brief review of the literature and current research addressing the effectiveness of early childhood mental health consultation with guidance for designing and implementing program evaluation. It will help states, communities, and programs increase their capacity for high-quality evaluation of early childhood mental health consultation in community-based settings. Researchers, policy makers and program evaluation teams will find:
- A brief review of the evidence base, current issues, and questions;
- Defining characteristics of early childhood mental health consultation;
- Components of high quality evaluation and sample logic models;
- Evaluation tools to measure both process and outcome, including outcomes for children, families, staff and programs; and
- Guidance for using evaluation data for program improvement and communicating outcomes.
- Georgetown University, National TA Center for Children’s Mental Health
- Johns Hopkins University, Women’s and Children’s Health Policy Center
- Portland State University, RTC on Family Support and Children’s Mental Health